Thursday, October 30, 2008

Neil Young show cancelled


I heard from someone that the Neil Young show is cancelled. I know tickets were $80 and up. The Forum's workers (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) are on strike over their contracts. Young and his wife are lifetime honorees of the organization. He has chosen to not cross the picket lines, and regrets having to choose, but will ultimately support the cause. Good to see someone with a backbone in this country still.

"I am extremely disappointed to have to choose between satisfying my fans or backing my brothers and sisters of the IATSE, I will miss playing in Los Angeles and apologize to my fans for the inconvenience this has caused."

I'm sure Springsteen would've folded and done it anyway. Both of them are known for supporting "the cause." But I'm sure good ol bruce would've sold out by now. I would be sooooo down to see Neil Young live. My mom gave me a bunch of Neil Young records when I was younger. I am sad to say I'm not super knowledgable about his career or his catalog though. :( I do know I love him and his music reminds me of a time when things were better.

No comments: